Rob Allen spear
It will come as no surprise that our spearfishing spears are a notch above the rest. A Rob Allen spear can penetrate even at long range, due to its very sharp tri-cut tips.
On a recent trip, a diver using Euro style conical shafts found his spears bouncing off the Amberjacks. On changing to Rob Allen spears in the same gun, he landed his first Amberjack the next day.
There are many reasons to choose a Rob Allen spear over cheaply produced Tahitan shafts supplied by other manufacturers:
- Very sharp tri cut tip
- Durable construction - can shrug off the odd hit on a rock
- Easily maintained - simple oiling of the barb pin and filing the tip after rock strikes will give the spear a long life
- Hawaiian shafts. This means the barb is deployed by gravity as it is on the underside of the spear- fewer lost fish
- Bespoke options for numbers of notches or pins
- Compatible with all makes of Euro gun
- 4 thicknesses to choose from:
- 6.3mm for light UK fishing
- 6.6mm for general UK spearfishing
- 7mm for heavier UK or tropical spearfishing
- 7.5mm for use with double rubbers either in the UK for long range or abroad for big game.
- Malleable alloy usually allows repair after a spear is bent by a 100lb plus fish
- Minimal rusting with proper care even over several years
- Option to fit a slip tip
- Easily replaced - we hold a comprehensive stock for guns up to 140cm should you lose a shaft
Which length spear will you need?
In order to calculate the length of spear you need, add 40cm to the length of gun you are using. I.e a 90cm gun will need a 130cm spear.